On my way to the movies, had to stop by to experience Ai Weiwei's amazing outdoor sculpture CIRCLE OF ANIMALS/ZODIAC HEADS outside the Plaza Hotel. Forgot my camera, but used the wifes iphone to get some adequate shots. peep it. (p.s. I'm a monkey)
Impressive show at Marc Jancou Contemporary featuring work by Scott Campbell, Steven Parrino and one of my favorites, Raymond Pettibon. Really feeling Steven Parrino's pop-culture assault on my eyeballs...fits nicely with Pettibon's work. Don't know how Campbell does what he does with the sheets of dollar bills, but I'm kinda into it, I guess. A few pics of mostly Pettibon's drawings, the last three are Parrino and Campbell. Another must-see.
- DENNIS HOPPER- ONE YEAR GONE
- SOL LeWITT- ARCS AND LINES AT PAULA COOPER
- KEITH HARING AT GLADSTONE
- AI WEIWEI-CIRCLE OF ANIMALS/ZODIAC HEADS
- MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY, SIDNEY.
- PANTS POCKETS 3-LAUNDRY DAY
- THE MIGHTY KIRBY
- PUNK EPOCHA-RAYMOND PETTIBON
- BLANKNESS IS NOT A VOID-CAMPBELL, PARRINO, AND PET...
- ▼ May (10)
- ► 2010 (100)
- ► 2009 (99)
- ► 2008 (94)