THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL


Ok I saw the film, THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL this evening at Village East Cinema (for some reason my go-to fave) and I have to say it really delivered for me. I purposely didn't see any trailers for this film, but I did scan a review or two which said it was the best horror film of 2009, and that it looked like a relic from 1983. That's all I needed to hear and I was ready to experience this thing. It does look like a 1980s horror movie with all the weird details, but it doesn't hit you over the head with it, and doesn't come off as gimicky. Consider it a satanic/babysitter movie you would catch late one night on t.v. in the 80s. I believe it is available on pay per view now, but I urge you to check this film out in a theater for it to truly achieve its beautiful timewarping effect.